Custom Able Arm
According to the World Report on Disability, there are more than 1 billion people with disability worldwide, about 15% of the global population. Of this number, between 110 million and 190 million adults experience significant difficulties in functioning. It is estimated that some 93 children-or more than one in 20 of those under 15 years of age-live with a moderate or severe disability. The majority would benefit from prosthetics and orthotics services, if available within a country.
Upper limb prosthetic rehabilitation is more challenging, in regions where disability or disfigurement of the body is severely stigmatized, there is social and familial exclusion. Such shunning and exclusion can be very debilitating for young adults, especially children.
Prosthesis work with patients is just a part of the continuum of rehabilitation of the patient. Prosthesis work helps patient to overcome the emotional after-effects of limb-loss, to develop confidence and also the identify their capabilities and perform activities which help them to return to active life in their society.
Prosthetics is a specialty within the field of healthcare technology concerned with the design, manufacture and application of prostheses.
Prosthesis (prosthetic device/product): externally applied device used to replace wholly, or in part, an absent or deficient limb segment (plural: prostheses). Common examples are artificial legs or hands.
Our vision is to deliver simple solutions in healthcare using 3D printing technology to as many people as possible and not just the top 1%.
Custom Able Arm
- Development of 3D printed assistive devices for the benefit of all by developing and improving the devices that are on offer.
- Accessibility-Easily Available Durable, comfortable, and easy for patients to use and maintain and decreasing the disability-adjusted life year
- Affordability-Cost effective, modern and consistent with international standards with Easy for technicians to learn, use, and repair
- Availability- Standardized but compatible with the climate in different world regions
- These devices have a whole range of cutting-edge technology and innovative ideas form healthcare professionals crammed into them that they are comfortable and can be used for activities.
Custom Ability is a digital supply chain management that combines 3D scanning, Computer Aided Designing, and printing technologies with Additive Manufacturing techniques using open source software and affordable hardware to produce orthotic mobility devices and other diagnostic tools which enables’ better care in more places.
How does Custom Ability Work
- Determining the best way to move forward by discovering the roots of a challenge.
- Design solving problems by making experiences simple
- Direct implementing experiences that are connected to the challenge